Managing HIV can sometimes be a bit of a headache, trying to remember appointments, medication times, your blood results. But now there’s an app that’s promising to some of that work for you.
It seems like there’s an mobile app for everything these days, apps to monitor your sleep pattern, make you look old, give you a squeaky voice – but how about an app that’s actually useful?
The Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) have brought out an iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) app aimed squarely at those of us in the UK living with HIV. Now, there are already apps out there that remind you to take your medication, chart your blood results, or give you health advice – but for a price, and certainly not in the same place.
- Create medication reminders
- Look up HIV medication information
- Record and chart your blood results
- Jot down notes to discuss with your healthcare team
- Access a wealth of HIV and sexual health information from THT’s vast knowledge banks
- Contact THT Direct for phone support
How much does this cost I hear you ask? Not a single penny. All you need is a free account at MyHIV.org.uk – so what’re you waiting for? Head to MyHIV.org.uk and create your account and then head to the Apple App Store and download Life+