beyondpositive along with Gilead Sciences will be hosting a special evening in Birmingham on Ageing with HIV on October 5th 2016
The event is aimed at gay men who are living with HIV, and are now starting to think about their futures. How to maintain their health, their relationships and plan for a better financial future.
Your host for the evening will be beyondpositive‘s very own Tom Hayes. The evening will be shared across a number of informal sessions, run by amazing guest speakers from across the UK, covering the following topics:
- Health in HIV is one of the most important things to be in control of. In this session your local expert will be detailing the dos and don’ts of living a healthier life with HIV, providing information on topics such as heart disease, cancers, osteoporosis and disorders of the liver, kidneys and brain.
- Self-esteem. You deserve the best that life can offer, regardless of your HIV status. Our life coach will be helping you get the most out of life.
- Money. Our expert in nance will offer information on how to plan for the future and how to demand the best from your nancial services.
- Relationships. In small group sessions we will discuss how to disclose your status, how to date a negative person and open/closed relationships.
- Sex. How to maintain and enjoy a healthy sex life as we age with HIV. Just because we’re getting older doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun.
There’ll also be opportunities to network, make friends and find out about local services. Free dinner and wine too will be supplied too.
The event will be held at Fazely Studios in Digbeth, Birmingham and will run from 18:00 to 21:00.
Please make sure to register your free place now as spaces are limited: http://myhivmyrules.co.uk/apply/ <- this bit is really important!
You can support beyondpositive’s work,
helping giving those with HIV a voice,
by donating via Paypal