Life+ the must have HIV app
It seems like there’s an mobile app for everything these days, apps to monitor your sleep pattern, make you look old, give you a squeaky voice – but how about an app that’s actually useful?
The Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) have brought out a new iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) app aimed squarely at those of us in the UK living with HIV. Now, there are already apps out there that remind you to take your medication, chart your blood results, or give you health advice – but for a price, and certainly not in the same place.
Say hello to Life+ from THT…
- Create medication reminders
- Look up HIV medication information
- Record and chart your blood results
- Jot down notes to discuss with your healthcare team
- Access a wealth of HIV and sexual health information from THT’s vast knowledge banks
- Log onto the MyHIV.org.uk community forums
- Contact THT Direct for phone support
How much does this cost I hear you ask? Not a single penny. All you need is a free account at MyHIV.org.uk – so what’re you waiting for? Head to MyHIV.org.uk and create your account (if you’ve not got one already!) and then head to the Apple App Store and download Life+
(note from THT: there’s a little glitch in the app at the moment that means you need to give it a few seconds to load, this should be ironed out in the next update)